- The Chief Whip, State of Osun House of Assembly
- Member Representing, Ife North State Constituency
- Legislator, Turnaround specialist, E-governance, Finance and Development Economics Expert.
- Alumni of School of Science, Ile Ife.
- Graduate of Computer Science and Engineering, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology.
- Masters Degree holder in Business Administration (with Specialisation in Financial Management)
- Masters Degree in Computer Science (In view).
- Worked with Intercontinental Bank, Access Bank, Wema Bank, Union Bank.
- Elected into the Osun State House of Assembly in 2015 and re-elected for another term in 2019.
- Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria
- Nigeria Computer Society
- Nigeria Institute of Management
AS A LEGISLATOR, HE SERVED AS
- Chairman, House Committee on Industries, commerce, cooperatives and empowerment.
- Vice Chairman, House Committee on Innovation,Science and Technology.
- Member, House Committee on Finance and Appropriations.
- Member, House Committee on Public Accounts.
OTHER MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS
- Improvement and Standardization of Budget Passage process by the State House of Assembly.
- Effective monitoring and evaluation of Budget Performance.
- Recovery of tangible government assests and funds.
- As a committed party member, he was privileged to serve as:
- The Secretary, Ife Federal Constituency Campaign Committee of APC during the 2018 governorship election.
- Member, Gboyega Oyetola governorship project Apex committee.
- Member, Ife Federal Constituency APC 2019 presidential Campaign Committee for Buhari Osinbajo.
RESEARCH WORKS / PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- Using Government Policies to catalyse entrepreneurship in a developing economy - Lagos Business School, April 2018.
- Nexus Between Infrastructure and Economic Development: The Osun Model - October, 2018
- Role of the Parliament at the Sub-National level in Driving the Circular Economy - Nigeria Economic Summit Group workshop, Lagos, August, 2018.
- Assessing the rate of Poverty in Nigeria - CNBC Africa, November, 2018.
- The role of African Parliamentarian in the Implementation of Paris Agreement on Climate: Challenges and Prospects - Regional Workshop on Climate Change, ECOWAS Parliament, Abuja, 2018.
- Focus on the Infrastructure/Economic Development of Osun - Lagos, November, 2018.
- Osun Grassroot Economy - Lagos, 2018.
- Examining the feasibility and viability of establishment of Microfinance Banks across all local government areas in the country - Ibadan, 2019.
- Awakening Entrepreneurship in youth through ICT Training - University of Osun, May, 2019.
- He is a 2018 recipient of the prestigious COWAP award from coalition of wives of presidents and vice presidents in Africa alongside Professor PLO Lumumba of Kenya.
- Outstanding Business Development Manager of the year - Wema Bank Plc, 2012.
- Best staff of the bank (G300) - Intercontinental Bank, 2007.
- Federal Government Scholarship Award, 2003.
- Honesty and Integrity
- Efficient manager of men and resources
- Good listener with sound presentation skills
- Responsible and Accountable
- Creative and Ingenious
- Hardworking and result oriented
Olatunji Babatunde 'lekan is a seasoned legislator and one of the new breed of professionals that offered to be part of public service as an antidote to the challenges of governance in Nigeria.
He is a thoroughbred professional in politics with cognate experience in financial management, economy, banking, business development, management and leadership.
Olatunji's foray into politics was consequent upon his conviction that without the active involvement of visionary men and women of character and capacity, good governance and accountable leadership will remain a mirage.
He therefore ventured into politics from the legislative perspective, with a mindset that the instrument of legislation could be used to produce quality governance.
He combines both private and public sector experiences with good leadership skills.
He is loyal, patriotic, humane, refined, versatile cerebral and a strategic thinker.